Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Monday I went back to Christine Cassano's studio. She had poured the concrete into our molds that we had prepared a few weeks back. (see inset below) The results are amazing. We cleaned up the clay that was used as a resist and did some transfers directly onto the concrete. I wanted to add a little more dirt (to the left in the piece above) and am waiting for the glue and dirt to bond and dry.
We built in recessed areas in both pieces, I think I want to add some figures that I am repurposing in the accompanying bottle collection. The process continues.
These pieces will be shown in April at the Yuma Fine Arts Association.
at 8:01 AM