Thursday morning we decided to try something I learned while working at Anthropologie. So Shari came over and we made up a batch of plaster and dipped in some fabric flowers. Voila, instant porcelain... well, not exactly.
It seems that certain fabrics absorbed more readily than others and we got a mixed bag of results. My favorite are the small buds (right), and the roses that were originally white (left).
I am not disappointed as it was fun to see what would happen. They are extremely delicate though and need to be handled with care.
(Oh, and I am not going to leave them stuck in my chair seats either.)