Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MOLD MAKING PART TWO

Here is the second half of my two part mold making. The baby figure did stay put, that was good. But the plaster that I cast the first go round was not smooth and especially in the leg area it makes some nasty streaks that don't look nice. Also because I did not let the first half air out and dry, I think when I poured the second part, even though I used prell as a resist, the mold stuck together a little and had to be pried apart and you can see where one of the registration holes broke off and stayed in the first half.

In this pressing I did last week all the cracks and lines are visible. I guess if I wanted the effect of aged encrusted figures it would work, but I did not.

This week I pressed some sprig molds using clay for the form of some more baby figures, let's see how that works. More to come.

before
after
Note: If you are using painted figures to press into the clay be careful. Some of the paint stuck to the clay and came off the face. Now I am sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment