Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ENGLISH MUFFINS


my first batch

Part of the getting together to do art with Todd is sharing food and cooking. We both love to try new recipes. A few weeks ago, inspired by the fact that the local bakery is now charging $2 for one english muffin, I decided to try my own. Following a recipe borrowed from Clotilde at Chocolate and Zuchinni, and her inspiration adapted from The Bread Baker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhart, I made my very first batch.

They were a bit dry and the dough too stiff. And I did what both of them suggested and instead of just cooking them on the stove top, I too, baked them for a little in the oven. Not needed. I made another batch a week later and used more milk, less flour and cooked them only in the pan. They were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment